Though construction is well underway on Toy Story Land and Star Wars Land at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, and Pandora – The World of Avatar is now open at Disney’s Animal Kingdom, there really isn’t that much on the docket for Epcot, at least for right now. However, that doesn’t mean that there is nothing going on at this park. On the contrary, there are some very exciting developments happening now that fans of this park should definitely know about, including new upcharge experiences, menu changes, and even a big change at an attraction you probably haven’t visited in awhile!
1. Frozen Ever After Dessert Party to debut next month
Beginning in July, Epcot will begin offering a new upcharge experience that will provide guests with dessert, reserved viewing for IllumiNations, and immediate access to the Frozen Ever After attraction with no wait. As you might expect, this new event is very similar to the IllumiNations Sparkling Dessert Party (which is reportedly being discontinued after this new event debuts), but the difference is that after the night’s fireworks and desserts have concluded, guests will be able to stay in the park after closing to enjoy an immediate ride on Frozen Ever After with no wait at all.
The event will be offered on Sundays, Wednesdays, and Fridays this summer and will cost $79 per adult and $47 per child. Reservations should be available for interested guests to make in the next few days.
2. Day Cruise Around the World upcharge experience announced
In addition to the aforementioned Frozen Ever After upcharge experience, a few weeks ago Epcot announced the Day Cruise Around the World, which is another upcharge experience now available at this park. This event is available daily and takes place at midday, where guests will be taken from the Bayside Marina at Disney’s Yacht Club Resort on a pontoon boat around Crescent Lake and then around the World Showcase Lagoon. The experience is 60 minutes long and includes bagged snacks and soft drinks. Day Cruise Around the World costs $149 plus tax and gratuity per boat, which includes up to 10 guests. Private dining can also be added for an additional fee to turn this day cruise into a lunch cruise. Reservations can be made now on 407-WDW-PLAY.
3. Disney Pixar Short Film Festival gets new shorts
Last week it was confirmed that the Disney Pixar Short film festival attraction (which you probably passed right by on your last visit to Epcot) was going on a quick hiatus this week, and would not reopen to guests until June 19th. And while Disney has not confirmed the exact reason for this unexpected closure, Orlando Park News reports that when this attraction reopens next week two new Pixar shorts will be shown in place of La Luna and For the Birds. It is unknown which shorts these will be, but we do at least know for certain that Get a Horse will remain, which will certainly please Mickey fans.
4. Menu changes quietly happening in Future World
Earlier this month, two of Epcot’s dining locations in the front half of the park introduced new menu items. Over at Taste Track (a kiosk right outside Test Track), guests can now enjoy the following new sweet treats:
- Berry Explosion Sundae: Vanilla ice cream layered with berries and pound cake, topped with whipped cream, strawberry pearls, and cotton candy
- Chocolaty Churro Sundae: Vanilla ice cream with hot fudge, chocolate curls, whipped cream, and a churro
- Apple Pie Sundae: Vanilla ice cream with caramel sauce, whipped cream, caramel popcorn, salted caramel pearls, and warm apple pie
On the other side of Future World, table service location the Coral Reef Restaurant has also introduced some exciting new menu items as well, including the following:
- Charbroiled octopus with nori sushi rice, sesame slaw and a soy reduction;
- Lump crab cake with watercress-citrus salad and a classic remoulade
- Seafood salad with Gulf Shrimp and mahi mahi in a citrus marinade with a little kick from serrano peppers, a little sweetness from mango sorbet and crisp plantain chip, and a seasonal house salad
- Tuna bowl with spice-crusted tuna, rice noodles, charred bok choy, crisp shiitakes, pickled vegetables and broth (substitute tofu for tuna if you prefer);
- Bone-in roasted pork chop with potatoes, creamy pimento cheese, braised greens and a honey-barbecue vinaigrette.
- Citrus bread pudding with whiskey sauce, candied pecans and salted caramel gelato
Though it doesn’t look like Epcot will be getting any new attractions any time soon (unless you believe the Guardians of the Galaxy or Tron are going to replace Ellen’s Energy Adventure soon) there are still some interesting things happening in and around this park, as Disney continues to focus on growing upcharge experiences and improving existing attractions. Will you be visiting Epcot in the near future? What do you think about these changes?
-From Theme Park Tourist, June 13, 2017, by Amanda Kondolojy
Getting ready to plan your next trip or just interested in travel news?
Please remember to contact Destinations with Character Travel for ALL of your Disney, Universal, SeaWorld, and Orlando Area Vacations, Adventures by Disney, Cruising, Tour, and exciting vacation packages all over the world. When booking though Destinations with Character Travel, all of our Disney Services, including FastPass+ and Dining reservation services are completely FREE. Also, you will always have a DEDICATED agent, available to you 24/7 from the very first minute of planning, right up until the day you return home, to answer all of your questions and handle any of your vacation needs.
We believe no one should be denied a vacation based on needs or budget, there’s something for everyone.
Along with their Family of Agents, they are in the business of “Making Dream Vacations Come True”. At their travel agency, Destinations with Character Travel, Quality, Service, and Customer Satisfaction are the Priority. They offer premiere travel services for clients interested in Disney Destinations, Cruises, All-Inclusive Resorts, Southwest, Funjet & Apple Vacations, Sandals Resorts, Beaches Resorts and RIU Resorts, Universal, Orlando Area, Las Vegas, Branson, Graceland & Memphis Area, National Parks, Tours to over 250 destinations around the world through our partnership with; Adventures by Disney, Globus Tours, Tauck Tours and Kensington Tours. In addition, we have fabulous vacation packages through our partnerships with; Apple Vacations, Funjet Vacations, Pleasant Holidays and United Vacations, and many other travel experiences.
Their Agency believes "No one should be denied a vacation based on needs or budget".
Contact them at: email@example.com or www.destinationswithcharacter.com
Latest posts by Don Korta (see all)
- New Carnival Panorama Now Available For 2019 West Coast Bookings! - March 21, 2018
- Norwegian Cruise Line – Free At Sea All Inclusive Promo - March 21, 2018
- Norwegian Cruise Lines – $1 Deposits for Mini-Suites & Below Promotion - March 21, 2018