Big things are happening at Disney’s Hollywood Studios behind this park’s many, many construction walls. And while we can’t wait to check out Toy Story Land in 2018 and Star Wars Land in 2019, some other changes are happening right now inside the park that visitors should know about. From the imminent opening of a new land to the addition of new Holiday entertainment in November, here’s everything going on right now at Disney’s Hollywood Studios:
1. Grand Avenue set to open very soon
One of the more interesting side-effects of Walt Disney World’s preparations for Hurricane Irma was the tearing down of scrims and temporary construction walls around the Grand Avenue area of Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Guests who went to this park in the days leading up to the hurricane were able to get their first look inside at the new layout of this area, and even the new Baseline Tap House watering hole.
And though Disney has yet to announce an official opening date for this new area, based on what we’ve seen it looks like this area is almost ready for guests, and we’d be very surprised if Disney doesn’t officially open Grand Avenue before the end of next month.
2. Coco preview comes to Walt Disney Presents
Beginning on November 3, Disney’s Hollywood Studios will play host to a preview for Pixar’s latest film Coco inside the theater in the new Walt Disney Presents. (Formerly One Man’s Dream) attraction. In addition to the special sneak peek, guests will also be able to view character sculptures and artwork from the production that will be on display inside this reimagined space.
3. For the First Time in Forever: A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration to get new addition for the holidays
Also beginning in November, For the First Time in Forever: A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration at the Hyperion Theater will get a new addition as Anna, Elsa and Kristoff welcome fan favorite character Olaf to this popular show. In addition all-new songs from Disney’s new animated short “Olaf’s Frozen Adventure.” will also be added to this show, for the holiday season.
4. Another projection show announced for Disney’s Hollywood Studios
Disney’s Hollywood Studios will be introducing another projection show this holiday season in addition to the Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM! show, which will be returning in the Center Stage area of the park. This additional show will take place on Sunset Boulevard and will transform the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror into a festive icon that will feature Toy Story characters, Minnie and Minnie in a Norman Rockwell-inspired vignette, The Muppets as well as everyone’s favorite snowman Olaf! The show will run each evening from November 9th until December 31st.
5. Star Wars: Galactic Nights to return in December
It was announced this week that Star Wars: Galactic Nights is coming back to Disney’s Hollywood Studios on December 16 2017 and will once again be offered after hours from 7:00PM to 12:00AM. Costing $129 per adult ($124 per child) guests who purchase a ticket will be encouraged to attend this event in costume in order to have the ultimate Star Wars-themed evening at the park. In addition to special Star Wars character meet and greets, galactic-themed treats and merchandise, there will also be some special entertainment during this special night, including the following:
- “Rebel Base” activities in the center of the park including dance parties, trivia and special shows.
- Star Wars photo ops against iconic Star Wars backdrops, including Han Solo cast in carbonite, Jabba the Hutt’s Palace, the Hoth Wampa Cave and more.
- Imperial March & March of the First Order – Darth Vader will lead a battalion of stormtroopers on a dramatic march down Hollywood Blvd to the Event Stage and Captain Phasma will also lead a unit of First Order stormtroopers through the park, pausing to give a demonstration of power and strength.
- Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge panel: New for this winter’s event is a one-night-only panel discussion about Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge. This unique event will be taking place multiple times throughout the evening at The Epic Theater and will include exciting developments about the 14-acre Star Wars-inspired expansion opening in 2019 at Disneyland Park and Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios is definitely going through some big changes during its heavy construction phase. How do you feel about these changes? Let us know if you’ll be visiting this park any time in the near future in the comments below!
-Originally published in Theme Park Insider, Friday, September 15, 2017 by Amanda Kondolojy
Book today to come share joy through the world at Walt Disney World Resort, where the holidays are magical!
Contact Destinations with Character Travel Today to Plan & Book Your Magical Holiday Adventure,
Stress Free and Hassle Free!
Take advantage of our FREE Rate Monitoring, FREE FastPass+ Reservation Service,
FREE Dining Reservation Services, Trained Dedicated Agents, and So Much More!
Getting ready to plan your next trip or just interested in travel news?
Please remember to contact Destinations with Character Travel for ALL of your Disney, Universal, SeaWorld, and Orlando Area Vacations, Adventures by Disney, Cruising, Tour, and exciting vacation packages all over the world. When booking though Destinations with Character Travel, all of our Disney Services, including FastPass+ and Dining reservation services are completely FREE. Also, you will always have a DEDICATED agent, available to you 24/7 from the very first minute of planning, right up until the day you return home, to answer all of your questions and handle any of your vacation needs.
We believe no one should be denied a vacation based on needs or budget, there’s something for everyone.
Along with their Family of Agents, they are in the business of “Making Dream Vacations Come True”. At their travel agency, Destinations with Character Travel, Quality, Service, and Customer Satisfaction are the Priority. They offer premiere travel services for clients interested in Disney Destinations, Cruises, All-Inclusive Resorts, Southwest, Funjet & Apple Vacations, Sandals Resorts, Beaches Resorts and RIU Resorts, Universal, Orlando Area, Las Vegas, Branson, Graceland & Memphis Area, National Parks, Tours to over 250 destinations around the world through our partnership with; Adventures by Disney, Globus Tours, Tauck Tours and Kensington Tours. In addition, we have fabulous vacation packages through our partnerships with; Apple Vacations, Funjet Vacations, Pleasant Holidays and United Vacations, and many other travel experiences.
Their Agency believes "No one should be denied a vacation based on needs or budget".
Contact them at: email@example.com or www.destinationswithcharacter.com
Latest posts by Don Korta (see all)
- Norwegian Joy to Join Sister Ship, Norwegian Bliss for Alaskan Cruises from Seattle Beginning April 2019 - July 18, 2018
- Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Confirms Orders for Fifth and Sixth Ships in Next Generation of Newbuilds for Norwegian Cruise Line - July 12, 2018
- 4 Must-Try Digital Experiences at Disneyland Resort This Summer - July 10, 2018