Though it may not initially seem like it, Walt Disney World has truly come into its own in recent years as a real food lover’s paradise. If you count yourself as one of the many who love eating their way around the Walt Disney World parks and resorts, there are some big changes taking effect right now you should know about.
For June’s dining update, we take a look at a new technology expansion at Disney’s Animal Kingdom, new menu items at a Future World favorite, and we even get an advance look at some of the dishes that will be available at this fall’s Epcot International Food and Wine Festival.
1. Mobile Order feature expands at Disney’s Animal Kingdom
Walt Disney World’s Mobile Order feature launched just a few weeks ago at the new Satu’li Canteen in Pandora – The World of Avatar, and it looks like this new option, which allows guests to order and pay for meals in advance inside the My Disney Experience app, has proven to be quite a popular choice, as Disney has confirmed that this feature is now available at the Pizzafari quick service restaurant, and will be expanding to Restaurantosaurus and the Harmabe Market in the next few weeks.
This ordering option has proven to be quite popular with guests, and though it cannot be used with the Disney Dining Plan (and has a few other limitations), the expansion of this option should hopefully help quick service restaurants run a little faster at Disney’s Animal Kingdom this summer, and we can’t wait to see it expand to other parks later this year.
2. Coral Reef Restaurant gets new menu items
Though the Coral Reef Restaurant is one of the most unique dining locations at Walt Disney World thanks to its aquarium views, this dining location often gets overshadowed by some of its World Showcase neighbors at Epcot. However, it looks like Disney is looking to reinvigorate this table service option by introducing some exciting new menu items, including the following:
- Charbroiled octopus with nori sushi rice, sesame slaw and a soy reduction;
- Lump crab cake with watercress-citrus salad and a classic remoulade
- Seafood salad with Gulf Shrimp and mahi mahi in a citrus marinade with a little kick from serrano peppers, a little sweetness from mango sorbet and crisp plantain chip, and a seasonal house salad
- Tuna bowl with spice-crusted tuna, rice noodles, charred bok choy, crisp shiitakes, pickled vegetables and broth (substitute tofu for tuna if you prefer);
- Bone-in roasted pork chop with potatoes, creamy pimento cheese, braised greens and a honey-barbecue vinaigrette.
- Citrus bread pudding with whiskey sauce, candied pecans and salted caramel gelato
3. Taste Tack reopens with new dessert menu
The seasonal Taste Track location at Epcot reopened this week with a new dessert-focused menu that includes selctions like the Berry Explosion Sundae (vanilla ice cream layered with berries and pound cake, topped with whipped cream, strawberry pearls, and cotton candy), a Chocolaty Churro Sundae (vanilla ice cream with hot fudge, chocolate curls, whipped cream, and a churro), as well as an Apple Pie Sundae (vanilla ice cream with caramel sauce, whipped cream, caramel popcorn, salted caramel pearls, and warm apple pie).
4. New kiosks and menu items confirmed for Epcot International Food and Wine Festival
Though frequent guests have come to expect their favorites year after year at the Epcot International Food and Wine Festival, each year also brings new choices to this annual event as well. It has now been confirmed that this year’s event will feature 35 marketplaces, including two newbies: India and Spain. That 35 number isn’t an accident by the way, and corresponds with Epcot’s 35th anniversary.
However, though this really is the first time that India has been represented at the Epcot International Food and Wine Festival (which kind of feels like an oversight considering the popularity of Indian food, even over at Disney’s Animal Kingdom), calling Spain a “new” kiosk is a little false, as Spain was a part of the 2011 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival as well.
While we’re going to have to wait several more months before we get full menus for this year’s festival, Disney has released a few teaser menu items to get fans’ mouths watering nearly four months before this year’s festival gets underway:
- Crispy chicken with griddled cornbread and gravy at the Farm Fresh marketplace
- Charcuterie in a cone at Spain marketplace
- Spicy korma chicken and the pistachio cardamom cake from the India marketplace.
5. Minnie’s Summertime Dine returns to Disney’s Hollywood Studios
-From Theme Park Insider, June 9, 2017, by Amanda Kondolojy
Getting ready to plan your next trip or just interested in travel news?
Please remember to contact Destinations with Character Travel for ALL of your Disney, Universal, SeaWorld, and Orlando Area Vacations, Adventures by Disney, Cruising, Tour, and exciting vacation packages all over the world. When booking though Destinations with Character Travel, all of our Disney Services, including FastPass+ and Dining reservation services are completely FREE. Also, you will always have a DEDICATED agent, available to you 24/7 from the very first minute of planning, right up until the day you return home, to answer all of your questions and handle any of your vacation needs.
We believe no one should be denied a vacation based on needs or budget, there’s something for everyone.
Along with their Family of Agents, they are in the business of “Making Dream Vacations Come True”.
With clients ranging from Hollywood Magic Makers to New York Business Executives, to Families all over the Midwest, people are trusting the Travel Consultants of Destinations with Character Travel Agency to plan their Magical Vacations every day, with the patience, care, and attention to detail, they want and deserve.
At Destinations with Character Travel, Quality, Service, and Customer Satisfaction are the Priority. They offer premiere travel services for clients interested in Disney Destinations, Cruises, Resort Vacations, Tours, and much much more.
Their Agency believes "No one should be denied a vacation based on needs or budget".
Contact them at:
firstname.lastname@example.org or www.destinationswithcharacter.com
Latest posts by Don Korta (see all)
- Disney Cruise Line Staterooms – The Perfect Home Away From Home - August 21, 2018
- Now Available! Adventures by Disney 2019 Winter and Spring Travel Offers! - August 21, 2018
- Universal wants to widen part of Sand Lake Road amid talk of building new theme park - August 21, 2018