With two new Outdoor Kitchens and delectable eats all around World Showcase Promenade, the Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival highlights amazing gardens and topiaries, but tasty food and drink are a big part of the fun.
The 90-day festival from March 1-May 29 connects food to its roots with gardens at each Outdoor Kitchen that grow examples of the produce that’s being served. New kitchens this year are Northern Bloom and The Berry Basket, joining 13 returning Outdoor Kitchens.
Check out the food menus – it’s impossible to try everything in one visit, may need to visit the festival more than once! Each Outdoor Kitchen also include beverages to pair with the dishes. And there are vegetarian and gluten-friendly options along the way (we’ve noted below).
The festival, including all gardening programs, exhibits, concerts, special appearances and more, is included in regular Epcot admission. For more information visit www.epcotinspring.com. Be sure to share your favorite dishes using the hashtag, #FreshEpcot.
THE BERRY BASKET
- Lamb Chop with Quinoa Salad and Blackberry Gastrique
- Field Greens with Fresh Strawberries, Blue Cheese, Strawberry Vinaigrette and Spiced Pecans (vegetarian)
- Warm Wild Berry Buckle with Pepper Berry Sorbet (vegetarian)
- Seared Scallops with French Green Beans, Butter Potatoes, Brown Butter Vinaigrette and Apple-wood Smoked Bacon (gluten-friendly)
- Beef Tenderloin Tips, Mushroom Bordelaise Sauce, Whipped Potatoes with Garden Vegetables
- Nanaimo Bar Trifle
- Spicy Hot Dog with Pineapple Chutney and Plantain Chips
- Pineapple Soft-Serve (vegetarian)
FLEUR DE LYS:
- Tarte à l’Onion Alsacienne: Alsatian Onion Tart with Sautéed Onions, Fresh Thyme and Rosemary on a Flaky
- Puff Pastry Crust (vegetarian)
- Poulet aux Écrevisses, Riz Pilaf: Baked Chicken with Crawfish served with Rice Pilaf
- Macaron Chocolat Framboise: Large Raspberry Macaron with Chocolate Fudge and Raspberry Jam (gluten-friendly)
BAUERNMARKT: FARMER’S MARKET
- Potato Pancakes with House Made Apple Sauce (vegetarian)
- Potato Pancake with Caramelized Ham, Onions and Herb Sour Cream
- Currywurst with Paprika Chips (gluten free)
- Roasted Bratwurst with Curry Ketchup and Paprika-spiced Chips
- Warm Cheese Strudel with Mixed Berries
TASTE OF MARRAKESH:
- Merguez “Hot Dog” Sausage: Spicy Beef and Lamb with Sautéed Onions and Green Peppers
- Home-Made Falafel with Pickled Beet and Turnip, Tomato Salad and Tahini Sauce
- Baklava (vegan)
- Frushi: Fresh Pineapple, Strawberry and Melon rolled with Raspberry Coconut Rice,
sprinkled with Toasted Coconut and Whipped Cream on the side (vegan)
- Ahi Tuna Poke Sesame Ginger
- Beef Teriyaki Udon: Thin-sliced Beef, Onions and Noodles tossed on the grill with Soy and Ginger
THE SMOKEHOUSE: Barbecue and Brews:
- Pulled Pig Slider with Coleslaw
- Smoked Pork Ribs with Black Bean and Corn Salad (gluten free)
- Beef Brisket Burnt Ends Hash with White Cheddar Fondue and Pickled Jalapeños
- Warm Chocolate Cake with Bourbon-Salted Caramel Sauce and Spiced Pecans (vegetarian)
- Antipasto Misto: Cerignola Olives, Sweet Soppressata and Salami, Ovolini, Mozzarella, Sweet Roasted Peppers, Ciabatta Bread
- Meatball Parmigiana: Hand-made Beef and Veal Meatballs, Tomato Sauce, Mozzarella, Parmigiana, Fresh Basil
- Strawberry Tiramisu: Ladyfingers, Mascarpone Cream and Marinated Strawberries topped with Strawberry Sauce
- Carne Asada with Black Bean Cake and Cilantro Lime Sour Cream
- Shrimp and Stone-ground Grits with Andouille Sausage, Sweet Corn, Tomatoes and Cilantro (gluten free)
- Florida Larder Board: Orlando-made Ricotta Cheese, Cahaba Farms Micro Onions, Extra Virgin Olive Oil and Balsamic, Country Pâté and House-made Pickles
- Key Lime Tart with Toasted Meringue
- Spicy Chicken Lettuce Wrap
- Beijing-Style Candied Strawberries (vegetarian)
- Vegetable Spring Rolls (vegetarian)
JARDIN DE FIESTAS:
- Chile Relleno de Picadillo: Battered Poblano Pepper filled with Ground Beef covered with Tomato Sauce and garnished with Queso Fresco and Toasted Almonds
- Brocheta de Pollo con Salsa Morita: Grilled Chicken with Red and Green Bell Pepper served with Salsa Chile Morita and garnished with Micro-cilantro and Edible Flowers)
- Tres Leches: Vanilla Sponge Cake, Cajeta, Condensed Milk and Evaporated Milk and garnished with Orange Zest
URBAN FARM EATS:
- Watermelon Salad with Pickled Onions, B&W Gourmet Farms Baby Arugula, Feta and Balsamic Reduction (gluten-friendly and vegetarian)
- Seared Pork Tenderloin with Mushroom Ragoût, Spring Vegetables and Fingerling Potatoes
- Crabless Cake with Crispy Vegetable Slaw, Lemon Vinaigrette and Old Bay Remoulade (vegetarian)
- Pear Cider-brined Shredded Corned Beef with Braised Cabbage and Pears and Branston Dressing
- House-made Potato and Cheddar Cheese Biscuit with Smoked Salmon Tartare
- Freshly Baked Lemon Scone with Crème Fraîche and Mixed Berries (vegetarian and gluten-friendly)
LA ISLA FRESCA
- Jamaican-braised Beef with Pigeon Pea Rice and Micro Cilantro
- Sugar Cane Shrimp Skewer with Steamed Rice and Coconut Lime Sauce
- Caribbean Conch Salad with Avocado, Mango and Onions
- FlanCocho: Vanilla Caramel Custard with Chocolate Coffee Cake (vegetarian)
Originally published in the Disney Blog by by Pam Brandon,February 10, 2017
Getting ready to plan your next trip or just interested in travel news?
Please remember to contact Destinations with Character Travel for ALL of your Disney, Universal, SeaWorld, and Orlando Area Vacations, Adventures by Disney, Cruising, Tour, and exciting vacation packages all over the world. When booking though Destinations with Character Travel, all of our Disney Services, including FastPass+ and Dining reservation services are completely FREE. Also, you will always have a DEDICATED agent, available to you 24/7 from the very first minute of planning, right up until the day you return home, to answer all of your questions and handle any of your vacation needs.
We believe no one should be denied a vacation based on needs or budget, there’s something for everyone.
Along with their Family of Agents, they are in the business of “Making Dream Vacations Come True”.
With clients ranging from Hollywood Magic Makers to New York Business Executives, to Families all over the Midwest, people are trusting the Travel Consultants of Destinations with Character Travel Agency to plan their Magical Vacations every day, with the patience, care, and attention to detail, they want and deserve.
At Destinations with Character Travel, Quality, Service, and Customer Satisfaction are the Priority. They offer premiere travel services for clients interested in Disney Destinations, Cruises, Resort Vacations, Tours, and much much more.
Their Agency believes "No one should be denied a vacation based on needs or budget".
Contact them at:
firstname.lastname@example.org or www.destinationswithcharacter.com
Latest posts by Don Korta (see all)
- Disney Cruise Line Staterooms – The Perfect Home Away From Home - August 21, 2018
- Now Available! Adventures by Disney 2019 Winter and Spring Travel Offers! - August 21, 2018
- Universal wants to widen part of Sand Lake Road amid talk of building new theme park - August 21, 2018