To say Disney’s new Pandora – The World of Avatar is popular, is the understatement of the summer. Guests have been lining up to experience the exotic world – and eager to introduce their kids to the world of James Cameron’s iconic film AVATAR. But the beauty of this world is that you don’t need to be an Avatar fan or a grownup to enjoy its beauty, splendor and playfulness. With its colorful landscape, awe-inspiring floating mountains and fun eats, it’s fit for explorers of all ages.
So for families with preschoolers, here’s my must-sees when visiting Pandora – The World of Avatar at Disney’s Animal Kingdom:
- One of the first things you encounter when you cross the bridge onto the Valley of Mo’ara is a giant plant called a Flaska Reclinata. Youngsters will squeal when they pound on the belly of the funky pink plant and watch as spores spew from its center – releasing steam.
- Youngsters can thump on drums formed from roots and natural materials to create rhythms in an interactive drum circle. And several times a day there’s a 15-minute musical performance that brings big energy to Pandora while guests sing and dance along to the beat.
- There’s healthful bounty at Satu’li Canteen, but kids won’t be disappointed with cool, alien-looking food. Cheeseburgers are called pods (steamed pods stuffed with ground beef, ketchup, cheese, etc.) and there are hot dogs wrapped in dough. And the glistening desserts won’t disappoint.
- Little ones can set sail through a calm bioluminescent forest on Na’vi River Journey. Be sure to you look all around and spot the glowing blue plant leaves overhead that reveal the footprints of small animals scurrying across the leaves. And a bonus for parents – it’s indoors and air conditioned.
- The day isn’t complete without a stop in Windtraders to check out all the fun merchandise. Be sure to hit the bead bar where kids can craft Na’vi-inspired necklaces using feathers and beads.
-From Disney Parks News, June 16, 2017
Getting ready to plan your next trip or just interested in travel news?
Please remember to contact Destinations with Character Travel for ALL of your Disney, Universal, SeaWorld, and Orlando Area Vacations, Adventures by Disney, Cruising, Tour, and exciting vacation packages all over the world. When booking though Destinations with Character Travel, all of our Disney Services, including FastPass+ and Dining reservation services are completely FREE. Also, you will always have a DEDICATED agent, available to you 24/7 from the very first minute of planning, right up until the day you return home, to answer all of your questions and handle any of your vacation needs.
We believe no one should be denied a vacation based on needs or budget, there’s something for everyone.
Along with their Trained & Certified Family of Agents, they are in the business of “Making Dream Vacations Come True”.
With clients ranging from Hollywood Magic Makers to New York Business Executives, to Families all over the Midwest, people trust the Travel Consultants of Destinations with Character Travel Agency to plan their Magical Vacations every day, with the patience, care, and attention to detail, they want and deserve.
At Destinations with Character Travel, Quality, Service, and Customer Satisfaction are the Priority. They offer premiere travel services for clients interested in Disney Destinations, Cruises, Resort Vacations, Tours, and much more.
Contact them at:
Latest posts by Don Korta (see all)
- Disney Family of Wines Weekend at Walt Disney World Resort - March 22, 2019
- Get Revved Up for Even More ‘Cars’ Fun at Disney’s Hollywood Studios - March 21, 2019
- New Recruits to ‘Suit Up’ Alongside Spider-Man with Cutting-Edge Tech from the New Worldwide Engineering Brigade at Disneyland Resort - March 21, 2019