From both Disney Travel and Theme Park Tourist’s Amanda Kondolojy, we have some early details regarding the 208 Epcot Flower and Garden Festival which with be the 25th Anniversary Edition of this widely popular annual event at Epcot.
From Disney Travel We’ve Been Informed:
Held each day from Feb. 28-May 28, 2018, the Festival’s 25th anniversary event will feature fan favorites like exhibits, events and tastings including:
- Disney Character Topiaries
- 15 Outdoor Kitchens serving creative, flavor-rich cuisine that highlights spring garden offerings
- Garden Rocks music series – with its classic rock ‘n’ roll stars from the ‘60s, ‘70s ‘80s and ‘90s. Garden Rocks Dining packages will be available for certain Epcot restaurants – pairing a fabulous meal with reserved seating for your favorite concert
- Garden Tours – Including Gardens of the World Tour (spring edition); the English Tea Garden Tour; and Royal Tea Garden Tour (extra fee required)
- New interactive kids play areas
- And – of course – the millions of extra plants, trees, shrubs, flowers and themed gardens that decorate Epcot in spring.
- Also returning will be our Egg-Stravaganza scavenger hunt and hand-crafted and Festival merchandise to extend an already-packed day of adventure at Epcot.
From Theme Park Tourist We Hear:
2018’s celebration of all things spring will again last 90 days (tying 2017’s event) and will be extra special as it will be the 25th anniversary of the festival and feature plenty of new and returning elements sure to delight both longtime fans of the annual event as well as those who might be checking it out for the first time.
This year’s festival will feature the same number of Outdoor Kitchens
One of the big hits of the Epcot Flower and Garden Festival in recent years has been the Outdoor Kitchen kiosks, which have provided a Food and Wine-like element to this annual event. And though Epcot upped the number of Outdoor Kitchens in 2017 to 15 from 13, it looks like Epcot is keeping the same number in 2018, with 15 Outdoor Kitchens confirmed to be added to this year’s event. However, Epcot has not announced the exact lineup yet, so we could see some new kiosks debut in addition to older favorites.
New interactive play areas will be available for kids
Though looking at topiaries and learning more about horticulture at the Festival Center are certainly fun events for adults, Disney is going to be designing something new for little ones next year with additional interactive play areas being constructed for kids to get some “hands on” fun during 2018’s festival. In addition, it has been confirmed that the kid-friendly character egg hunt will also be returning in 2018 as well.
Plenty of upcharges will be available
Of course it wouldn’t be a special event at Epcot if there weren’t a bunch of upcharge and premium experiences available, and though we don’t have the full lineup yet, Disney has confirmed that the Garden Rocks dining package will be back in 2018 as well as the Gardens of the World Tour and the Royal Tea Garden Tour, which are both available for a fee.
Though we’re sure a lot more will be announced between now and March, this year’s event already sounds like it is going to be one you won’t want to miss. Are you planning to check out the 25th anniversary edition of the Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival?
Click HERE to request additional information regarding Destinations, Planning and booking a Walt Disney World Resort Vacation Package.
Experience for yourself the Stress Free and Hassle Free process available with Destinations with Character Travel.
Take advantage of our FREE Rate Monitoring, FREE FastPass+ Reservation Services,
FREE Advanced Dining Reservation Services, Trained Dedicated Agents, and So Much More!
Getting ready to plan your next trip or just interested in travel news?
Please remember to contact Destinations with Character Travel for ALL of your Disney, Universal, SeaWorld, and Orlando Area Vacations, Adventures by Disney, Cruising, Tour, and exciting vacation packages all over the world. When booking though Destinations with Character Travel, all of our Disney Services, including FastPass+ and Dining reservation services are completely FREE. Also, you will always have a DEDICATED agent, available to you 24/7 from the very first minute of planning, right up until the day you return home, to answer all of your questions and handle any of your vacation needs.
We believe no one should be denied a vacation based on needs or budget, there’s something for everyone.
Along with our Family of Agents, we offer premiere travel services for clients interested in Disney, Cruises, All-Inclusive Resorts including Sandals Resorts, Beaches Resorts and RIU Resorts, Universal, Orlando Area, Las Vegas, Branson, Graceland & Memphis Area, National Parks, Tours to over 250 destinations around the world through our partnership with; Adventures by Disney, Globus Tours, Tauck Tours and Kensington Tours. In addition, we have fabulous vacation packages through our partnerships with; Apple Vacations, Funjet Vacations, Pleasant Holidays and United Vacations, and many other travel experiences.
Our goal: "No one should be denied a vacation based on needs or budget".
Latest posts by Don Korta (see all)
- How to Use Disney MaxPass at the Disneyland Resort - November 13, 2017
- News From Carnival Cruise Lines – Carnival Horizon Nearing Completion! - November 12, 2017
- First Details for 25th Anniversary Edition of Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival Announced - November 10, 2017