This week, we’ve revealed more about the magical creatures your clients will encounter on Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure, the new epic adventure opening June 13 in The Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Hogsmeade. It will be the most immersive, highly-themed coaster experience yet, and take guests on a thrilling journey with Hagrid to the Forbidden Forest to discover the wizarding world’s rarest magical creatures.
As our reveal week comes to an end, it’s time to reveal our final creature – not seen before in the films. Careful, you may want to approach from the front.
For the first time ever, fans will be able to come face-to-face (or face-to-rear) with a Blast-Ended Skrewt on Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure. Described as a cross between scorpions and elongated crabs, Skrewts aren’t afraid to attack other Skrewts they encounter and have incredibly strong armor that can’t be penetrated by spells – proving to be a challenge for Hagrid since they hatched.
On the journey through the Forbidden Forest during Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure, guests will encounter Blast-Ended Skrewts up to 8 feet long with tails up to ten-feet high and topped with a massive stinger. The Blast-Ended Skrewt is the main lesson for the day but, as with all adventures with Hagrid, things don’t always go to plan…
- – Blast-Ended Skrewts were first introduced in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, and also mentioned in Harry Potter and Order of the Phoenix and Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
- – As fans may have read in the book, Hagrid created these unique creatures by crossbreeding Fire Crabs and Manticores – fierce creatures in their own right
- – Skrewts create actual fire from their ‘blasting-ends,’ igniting at random intervals – so guests should be wary during their encounter
- – Even if they’re far enough to avoid their fire, watch out as they may still catch a whiff of their powerful scent… known to smell like rotting fish
A Centaur is a magical creature with a human head, torso and arms, joined to a horse’s body. They are, however, their own species and should be treated with great respect.
As guests make their way into the dark forest on Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure, they’ll need to look out for this mysterious archer in the distance ready to strike. He stands at 8 ft. tall, which would probably make him a great athlete in the Muggle world.
- – In Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone, Hagrid is friendly with the Centaur herds as he regularly enters the Forbidden Forest to help injured creatures
- – According to Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, these forest-dwelling beings usually live in herds of between 10 and 50 and are well-versed in magical healing, divination, archery and astronomy
- – Centaurs made their first appearance in the films during Harry Potter’s detention in the Forbidden Forest in Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone
While Devil’s Snare isn’t a creature, we couldn’t pass up the opportunity to mention this perilous plant from the wizarding world – often strangling people who touch it with its dexterous vines. Devil’s Snare flourishes in damp, dark environments and it has a strong dislike of light and fire – remember that for your clients’ journey!
Devil’s Snare is one of the many challenges you’ll face on Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure. You may even find yourself entangled in a thicket of this dangerous plant but remember to remain calm! If you don’t, you may end up entangled in hundreds of its vines…
And fun fact about Devil’s Snare, it made its first film appearance in Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone when the brave Hermione told her friends how to defeat this dangerous force.
Cornish pixies are electric blue tricksters who love to create mischief – often at the expense of others. These mischievous creatures fly, and have also been known to seize unwary humans by the ears and deposit them at the tops of tall trees and buildings – poor Neville Longbottom…
In Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure, guests will see these troublesome creatures wreaking havoc on an infamous blue car… and in places you may not expect. They’re about 13 inches tall and keen fans will find more than 20 pixies throughout their adventure. Happy hunting!
- – According to Pottermore, Cornish pixies can produce a high-pitched jabbering that’s only comprehensible to other pixies
- – Cornish pixies made their first film appearance in Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets during Gilderoy Lockhart’s Defense Against the Dark Arts class
Fluffy, the Three-Headed Dog
Fluffy is a giant three-headed dog that’s known for being the trusted guard dog of the Sorcerer’s Stone. And, as many of you know, Fluffy has a weakness – he falls asleep to the sound of music.
In Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure, guests will confront this gigantic, beloved creature deep in the Forbidden Forest. Proceed with caution – he’s a guard dog first and foremost. And in this new adventure, Fluffy weighs 8,000 Ibs., which is roughly as big as two standard Muggle cars.
- – In Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone, Fluffy belongs to Hagrid, who adopted him from a “Greek chappie” he met in a pub
- – Experts on Pottermore say Fluffy was inspired by Cerberus – the dog that in Greek mythology guarded the gates of the Underworld – and, just like Fluffy, he fell asleep to the sound of music
- – Fluffy made his first and only appearance in the film, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone
And these aren’t the only creatures guests may encounter on their journey with Hagrid:
- – There may be sounds of Thestrals near the carriages
- – Fans will need to look out for sculptures of various magical creatures living in the black lake, including Merpeople (mysterious underwater-dwelling beasts) and Grindylows (horned, pale-green water demons)
- – Tell your clients to keep their ears tuned for the voices of gnomes- they’re known to scurry about the grounds
- – And even more surprises!
We can’t wait to see these creatures in person when Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure opens on June 13. Make sure to stay tuned to the Universal Partner Community as we continue to reveal further details on this new experience. #WizardingWorldOrlando
Along with their Trained & Certified Family of Agents, they are in the business of “Making Dream Vacations Come True”.
With clients ranging from Hollywood Magic Makers to New York Business Executives, to Families all over the Midwest, people trust the Travel Consultants of Destinations with Character Travel Agency to plan their Magical Vacations every day, with the patience, care, and attention to detail, they want and deserve.
At Destinations with Character Travel, Quality, Service, and Customer Satisfaction are the Priority. They offer premiere travel services for clients interested in Disney Destinations, Cruises, Resort Vacations, Tours, and much more.
Contact them at:
Latest posts by Don Korta (see all)
- Princess Cruises Issues Travel Guidance for Cruise Clients - February 23, 2020
- Universal Orlando Resort Begins “Bundle & Save” Promotion February 20, 2020 - February 20, 2020
- Epcot’s Regal Eagle Smokehouse Officially Opens Today - February 19, 2020