Hurricane Irma Update for Walt Disney World – September 12, 2017
Walt Disney World’s Theme Parks and Disney Springs will reopen Tuesday, September 12 with normal, advertised operating hours. Special events, such as Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party, will also take place. Water Parks remain closed and will reopen later this week.
Hours of operation for Tuesday, September 12:
• Magic Kingdom Park – 9:00am-7:00pm, with an added Extra Magic Hour beginning at
8:00am for Disney Resort Guests who weathered the storm with us
• Epcot – 9:00am-9:00pm, with previously scheduled Extra Magic Hours form 9:00-11:00pm
for Resort Guests
• Disney’s Animal Kingdom – 9:00am-9:00pm
• Disney’s Hollywood Studios – 9:00am-9:00pm
• Disney Springs – 10:00am-12:00am
• Blizzard Beach – Closed
• Typhoon Lagoon – Closed
*There may be modifications to some attractions and entertainment offerings.
All Disney Resorts will begin normal operation September 12, with the exception of Fort Wilderness Campground and Disney’s Saratoga Springs Treehouse Villas.
• Fort Wilderness Campground will remain closed at this time while assessments to the property are completed.
• To allow Disney’s Fort Wilderness to prepare the property after Hurricane Irma, all shows at The Hoop Dee Doo Musical Revue and Mickey’s Backyard BBQ will be cancelled
Tuesday, September 12. Any existing reservations will be automatically cancelled and refunded.
• Disney’s Saratoga Springs Treehouse Villas are scheduled to re-open on Thursday, September 14.
Disney’s Vero Beach and Disney’s Hilton Head Island Resorts will remain closed at this time.
Guest Transportation will be available beginning Tuesday morning, September 12.
DISNEY RESERVATION CENTER
Disney Reservation Center will resume operations Tuesday, September 12.
SPECIAL EVENT UPDATES
Guests requiring assistance due to canceled Night of Joy on September 9 or Mickey’s Not-SoScary Halloween Party on September 10 should call (407) 939-7818 by January 31, 2018
between the hours of 7:00 AM and 11:00 PM., or email us at Ticket.Inquiries@DisneyWorld.com. Please have your tickets available so we may process your request for you as quickly as possible. Guests under 18 years of age must have parent or guardian permission to call.
-From Disney Travel
Getting ready to plan your next trip or just interested in travel news?
Please remember to contact Destinations with Character Travel for ALL of your Disney, Universal, SeaWorld, and Orlando Area Vacations, Adventures by Disney, Cruising, Tour, and exciting vacation packages all over the world. When booking though Destinations with Character Travel, all of our Disney Services, including FastPass+ and Dining reservation services are completely FREE. Also, you will always have a DEDICATED agent, available to you 24/7 from the very first minute of planning, right up until the day you return home, to answer all of your questions and handle any of your vacation needs.
We believe no one should be denied a vacation based on needs or budget, there’s something for everyone.
Along with our Family of Agents, we offer premiere travel services for clients interested in Disney, Cruises, All-Inclusive Resorts including Sandals Resorts, Beaches Resorts and RIU Resorts, Universal, Orlando Area, Las Vegas, Branson, Graceland & Memphis Area, National Parks, Tours to over 250 destinations around the world through our partnership with; Adventures by Disney, Globus Tours, Tauck Tours and Kensington Tours. In addition, we have fabulous vacation packages through our partnerships with; Apple Vacations, Funjet Vacations, Pleasant Holidays and United Vacations, and many other travel experiences.
Our goal: "No one should be denied a vacation based on needs or budget".
Latest posts by Don Korta (see all)
- FAMILY FUN ON MARVEL DAY AT SEA CRUISES DEBUTING FROM NEW YORK CITY THIS FALL - September 20, 2017
- More Changes Are Coming to Disney Springs. Here’s What You Need to Know (September 2017) - September 19, 2017
- Walt Disney World’s Lyft Minnie Van Service Continues Its Expansion - September 18, 2017