Hurricane Irma Update for Walt Disney World – September 8, 2017
Based on the latest forecasts for Hurricane Irma and keeping safety top of mind, Walt Disney
World Resort will be closing early on Saturday, September 9 and will remain closed through
Monday, September 11. Resort hotels will remain open. We hope to resume normal operations
on Tuesday, September 12. We will provide regular updates to our guests on all operational
changes. Please continue to check this page for updates.
Walt Disney World Theme Parks, Disney Springs, Water Parks, and ESPN Wide World of Sports
Complex are making the following operational changes:
• Disney’s Blizzard Beach: Closed as of Friday, September 8 – Monday, September 11
• Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon: Closing early on Saturday, September 9 at 5 PM – Monday,
• ESPN Wide World of Sports: Closed on Saturday, September 9 – Monday, September 11
• Disney’s Animal Kingdom: Closing early on Saturday, September 9 at 7 PM – Monday,
o Saturday, September 9 Rivers of Light performance is canceled.
• Disney’s Hollywood Studios: Closing early on Saturday, September 9 at 7 PM – Monday,
o Saturday, September 9 Fantasmic! and Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular
performances are canceled.
• Epcot: Closing early on Saturday, September 9 at 9 PM – Monday, September 11
o The Saturday, September 9 Illuminations Reflections of Earth performance is
• Magic Kingdom: Closing early on Saturday, September 9 at 9 PM – Monday, September 11
o Saturday, September 9 Happily Ever After fireworks performance is canceled.
• Disney Springs: Closing early on Saturday, September 9 at 9 PM – Monday, September 11
CLOSURES, CANCELATIONS & MORE
• Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground and the Treehouse Villas at Disney’s
Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa will be closed beginning Saturday, September 9 at 2:00
SPECIAL EVENT UPDATES
In anticipation of inclement weather associated with Hurricane Irma, please note the following
event cancelations at Walt Disney World Resort.
• Night of Joy at ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex has been canceled on Saturday,
September 9, 2017. The performances on Friday, September 8 will take place as
o Guests with tickets for Saturday are welcome to attend Friday’s event instead by
exchanging their tickets at the ESPN Wide World of Sports Box Office after 4 PM
o Requests for a full refund for either event night will be honored.
• Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party has been canceled on Sunday, September 10,
2017. The event will take place as planned on Thursday, September 7. Guests are invited
to exchange their Sunday, September 10 event tickets for one of the following options:
o Tickets to attend another Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party
o Tickets to attend an upcoming Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party
o 1 Day Magic Your Way Tickets with Park Hopper Option, to be used within the
next 2 years
o Receive a full refund for event tickets
To redeem these offers, Guests should call (407) 939-7818 by January 31, 2018 between the
hours of 7:00 AM and 11:00 PM., or email us at Ticket.Inquiries@DisneyWorld.com. Please have
your tickets available so we may process your request for you as quickly as possible. Guests
under 18 years of age must have parent or guardian permission to call.
Effective immediately we will not be enforcing dine reservation cancelation policies so no need
to cancel dine reservations through Monday, September 11.
Pre-paid dining and premium experiences will be automatically canceled and refunded.
Please visit Walt Disney World > Frequently Asked Questions > General Questions to view the
Hurricane Policy for Walt Disney World Resort.
Please note the Disney Reservation Center is currently experiencing heavy call volume. If you
need to service a reservation for arrival between now and Sept. 13, 2017, we encourage you to
stay on the line. If you need to service a reservation for arrival after Sept. 13, 2017 we
recommend using your online booking tool, or call back at a later time.
-Originally published in:
Getting ready to plan your next trip or just interested in travel news?
Please remember to contact Destinations with Character Travel for ALL of your Disney, Universal, SeaWorld, and Orlando Area Vacations, Adventures by Disney, Cruising, Tour, and exciting vacation packages all over the world. When booking though Destinations with Character Travel, all of our Disney Services, including FastPass+ and Dining reservation services are completely FREE. Also, you will always have a DEDICATED agent, available to you 24/7 from the very first minute of planning, right up until the day you return home, to answer all of your questions and handle any of your vacation needs.
We believe no one should be denied a vacation based on needs or budget, there’s something for everyone.
Along with their Family of Agents, they are in the business of “Making Dream Vacations Come True”.
With clients ranging from Hollywood Magic Makers to New York Business Executives, to Families all over the Midwest, people are trusting the Travel Consultants of Destinations with Character Travel Agency to plan their Magical Vacations every day, with the patience, care, and attention to detail, they want and deserve.
At Destinations with Character Travel, Quality, Service, and Customer Satisfaction are the Priority. They offer premiere travel services for clients interested in Disney Destinations, Cruises, Resort Vacations, Tours, and much much more.
Their Agency believes "No one should be denied a vacation based on needs or budget".
Contact them at:
firstname.lastname@example.org or www.destinationswithcharacter.com
Latest posts by Don Korta (see all)
- Frightfully Fun Ways for Guests to Enjoy Halloween Time at the Hotels of the Disneyland Resort - September 20, 2018
- Treat Your Taste Buds with AmaWaterways Belgian Waffle Recipe - September 18, 2018
- Tasty Caribbean-Inspired Dining Options Coming to Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort - September 18, 2018