Originally reported by Theme Park Tourist…By Amanda Kondolojy, Saturday, October 29, 2016 05:24
It’s no secret that the Epcot International Food and Wine Festival is a huge annual event at the park, drawing huge crowds every fall. It’s no wonder then that Disney has expanded the Food and Wine concept to Epcot’s annual Flower and Garden Festival, which now features nearly a dozen food booths inspired by the festival and has become essentially a springtime Food and Wine festival in recent years. However, it looks like Epcot may be expanding this type of event again in the very near future.
The Holidays Around the World annual event has always featured a number of tasty holiday-inspired treats for guests to enjoy, but now Disney has confirmed that it will be adding even more food and drink for the winter celebration with five special marketplaces that will pop up around the World Showcase on November 25 and continue offering special holiday fare through December 30. Here are some of the menu items you can expect from this newly-expanded offering.
Prost! (located in the Germany pavilion)
- Artisan cheese plate or sauerbraten with red cabbage and spätzle
- Alcoholic ciders
- Williams Punch (hot),
- Caramel Kiss featuring Werther’s Caramel and glüwein (house-made hot spiced wine).
Feast of the Three Kings Feast (World Showcase Plaza)
- Shredded beef tamale with avocado crema
- Roasted pork with mashed yucca and pickled green bananas,
- Three Kings Bread
- Coquito (coconut milk)
- Coquito with rum floater
Alpine Haus (located between Morocco and France)
- Duck confit, dumplings and roasted Brussels sprouts with a fig reduction
- Cheese fondue in a bread bowl with fresh steamed vegetables
- Sachertorte, (chocolate cake with apricot jam and dark chocolate glaze)
- Frozen Winter Spice Hot Chocolate (available in alcoholic and non-alcoholic varieties)
- Weingut Stadt Krems Gruner Vetliner White Wine
- Heinrich Red Blend
Seasonal Southern Delights (World Showcase Plaza)
- Hoppin’ john (black-eyed peas, ham hocks and kale with rice and cornbread crumbles)
- Blackened catfish with white cheddar grits with okra, tomato and onion stew
- chocolate pecan tart
- Frozen S’Mores
- Central 28 beer
American Holiday Table (located in the American Adventure Pavilion)
- Slow-roasted turkey with stuffing mashed potatoes and cranberry sauce
- Seared pork tenderloin with green bean casserole, roasted sweet potato wedges and a Champagne demi-glace.
- Shipyard Eggnog White Porter Aged on Bourbon
- Firenog (eggnog with Fireball Whisky)
- Great American Wine Company Red Blend and Chardonnay
- Hot chocolate
- Cocoa Candy Cane (hot chocolate with peppermint Schnapps)
Though the booth lineup may not be as impressive as what we see at the Epcot International Food and Wine Festival (or even at the Epcot Flower and Garden Festival), it looks like this might be a pilot test of sorts for a new holiday event that keeps the Food and Wine spirit going all throughout the holidays. Would you like to see this concept expanded even more in the coming years? Or do you think the Epcot Food and Wine Festival should stay a fall affair? Let us know what you think!
For the latest in Disney, Universal, SeaWorld, Cruise and other travel news, remember to follow the Destinations with Character Travel web site, and “Like” and follow us on Facebook. For additional Disney Fun, Join our Disney Fan Group, Disney Destinations Characters, on Facebook!
Please remember to contact Destinations with Character Travel for ALL of your Disney, Universal, SeaWorld, and Orlando Area Vacations, Adventures by Disney, Cruising, Tour, and exciting vacation packages all over the world. When booking though Destinations with Character Travel, all of our Disney Services, including FastPass+ and Dining reservation services are completely FREE. Also, you will always have a DEDICATED agent, available to you 24/7 from the very first minute of planning, right up until the day you return home, to answer all of your questions and handle any of your vacation needs.
We believe no one should be denied a vacation based on needs or budget, there’s something for everyone.
Along with their Family of Agents, they are in the business of “Making Dream Vacations Come True”.
With clients ranging from Hollywood Magic Makers to New York Business Executives, to Families all over the Midwest, people are trusting the Travel Consultants of Destinations with Character Travel Agency to plan their Magical Vacations every day, with the patience, care, and attention to detail, they want and deserve.
At Destinations with Character Travel, Quality, Service, and Customer Satisfaction are the Priority. They offer premiere travel services for clients interested in Disney Destinations, Cruises, Resort Vacations, Tours, and much much more.
Their Agency believes "No one should be denied a vacation based on needs or budget".
Contact them at:
email@example.com or www.destinationswithcharacter.com
Latest posts by Don Korta (see all)
- Frightfully Fun Ways for Guests to Enjoy Halloween Time at the Hotels of the Disneyland Resort - September 20, 2018
- Treat Your Taste Buds with AmaWaterways Belgian Waffle Recipe - September 18, 2018
- Tasty Caribbean-Inspired Dining Options Coming to Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort - September 18, 2018