We are always looking for new people to join our Family!
We never know when just the right person may come along to Join Our Team!
We invite you to read below and fill out our form.
You never know, what lies ahead in your future!
Destinations with Character Travel Services, LLC., An Authorized Disney Vacation Planner is committed to always being an honest and trustworthy partner to BOTH our Travel Consultants and to our Clients. We believe we are “Someone to trust with your vacation memories” and take that responsibility very seriously. Our client’s vacation shouldn’t just be a trip that they take, but rather, An Experience for them and their loved ones.
We are always looking for just the right Travel Consultants to join us in our mission of making each and every client’s vacation dreams the most memorable experience possible.
Why this may be the career for YOU:
- Do you Love Travel?
- Do you Love taking Magical Disney vacations?
- Have you visited Disney Parks more than 5 times as an adult?
- Are you referred to as the “Disney-Nut” by friends, family, colleagues, and others?
- Do you have an exceptional understanding of, and presence on, Social Media?
- Are you the person all your friends and family either ask for advice or help planning and booking their vacations?
- Do you love planning and taking cruises of various lengths and destinations?
- Do you sometimes feel like you have travel in your blood?
- Are you always planning, booking and looking forward to your own next vacation?
- Are you looking to make an additional income while working from home?
- Are you dedicated enough to stick with it during the rough slow times and have the time and energy to get through the busy times?
- If these sound like you, then their just might be a place on our team for you!
What We Require:
- Someone who has a passion for Travel, Disney, Cruises, Resort Vacations and travel of all types.
- We are looking for travel consultants who have first hand knowledge of the Disney Parks, MUST HAVE A MINIMUM 5 trips to the Disney Parks in the past 7 years. A variety of resort levels & dining plan levels experience is valued to give clients the advice and knowledge they need.
- Someone with first hand knowledge and/or experience with a variety of Quick Service and Table Service dining options at Disney parks, to give clients the advice and knowledge they need.
- We are looking for travel consultants who have first hand knowledge of cruises (the more cruise lines the better).
- We are looking for travel consultants who have first hand knowledge of resort stays such as all inclusive resorts.
- Someone who loves making others happy by providing them with the best vacation for their needs and budget.
- A self-driven, business minded individual with great organizational skills with an attention to detail.
- Someone with a good working knowledge of most (if not all) of the Disney destinations, a willingness to learn more, and a knowledge of the planning aspects of a Disney or other vacation, i.e. planning, timeline, booking, etc.?
- You must be able to pass the Disney Online College of Disney Knowledge Training program.
- You must be willing to update your knowledge as it becomes available.
- You must have a reliable working computer or laptop, along with reliable internet access, good computer skills, and a cell phone (smartphone works better).
- You must be able to send, reply to, and act on client emails in a timely manner.
- Someone who is a friendly, outgoing, self-starter with great communication skills.
- Someone willing to work together with a team of other friendly, outgoing agents, sharing knowledge and helping each other.
- Someone willing to build your own business from the ground up and seek out your own travel clients.
- Must be familiar with Social Media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram.
- You will be responsible for your own business costs such as business cards, business supplies, local advertising, personal web site fees (if you so choose).
- You must have no history of fraud, misrepresentation, negligence or embezzlement.
- Previous Travel Agent Experience Is Extremely Helpful.
What We Offer You:
- Friendly, Family like Atmosphere – We promise you a Family/Team atmosphere, small enough that you won’t get lost in the crowd, yet large enough to have people with specialties in various areas of the travel industry to help with your questions. We will help you to learn how to cultivate new clients and build your own client base, all of whom will remain YOUR clients. We all come from various walks of life, some work full time, some are stay at home parents, some home school, wherever we come from, we all share a great love of Disney and travel.
- Flexible Work Environment – As do all our travel consultants, you will work from home and set your own hours. While this offers the ultimate in flexibility, this is a business, and you do need to be available to your clients when they need you.
- Generous Commission – The travel industry works on commission. You will earn commission based on percentages set by the various travel suppliers.
- Travel Benefits – As a travel consultant, over time you will have the opportunity to take advantage of various travel discounts such as TA rates and discounted tickets and many locations throughout the United States, cruise ship inspections, familiarization trips at your expense), earn a generous commission, and can take advantage of special tours, viewing, etc. offered to travel agents from time to time by a variety of travel providers. (Note: Must earn & purchase a separate CLIA Agent card for proof of TA status for most discounts.) If you are looking to do this only to gain commission on your personal and TA benefits/discounts, you need not apply.
- Continuous Training & Support Offered – We will give you the necessary training tools, booking engines, and planning tools necessary to help make your business a success. All our travel providers maintain and offer various levels of training and certificates (for free) that you are encouraged to take at any time to further your knowledge in the travel industry. We also have our own private forum for agents to willingly share new knowledge or specialty knowledge for the betterment of the group. What’s good for one agent’s business is good for everyone’s business.
Why should I work with Destinations with Character Travel rather than another agency?
- We are an fully registered agency with the Walt Disney Travel Company and over 2 dozen other travel suppliers. Even though you are an Independent Contractor, we work as a team sharing knowledge and helping each individual to be a success. If you’re willing to work at it, we’re willing to guide and assist. We have a variety of Independent Contractor/Travel Consultants who have expert knowledge in many specific areas always willing to share their knowledge. We all realize that the best way for all of us to be a success, is to help each other be an individual success!
What are the fees?
- We charge a non-refundable annual $270 fee which cover the cost of E&O (errors & omissions) insurance, your monthly CRM base fee, advertising, and postage. You are responsible for all of your own office fees, (i.e. computer, printer, internet service, business cards, pens, paper, normal office supplies.)
How do I get clients?
- You are an Independent Contractor / Travel Consultant and as such, own your own business and clients. You are responsible for growing your business, networking and establishing your client base which will always remain yours. They agency and our family of Independent Contractor / Travel Consultants will provide tips, guidance, support and mentoring on the best methods and ideas we have found for developing your network and client base, along with how to close those leads once you gain them. Leads that the agency gains through our Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and other advertising realms are also divided among performing agents.
How & When Do I Get Paid?
- You receive your commission after your clients return from their vacation. All suppliers pay the commission to the agency once the clients vacation is finished. Destinations with Character Travel pays commission checks on the 30th of each month (28th for short months) for any commissions received since the last commission pay out.
If this all sounds like you and is something you would be interested in, please fill out and submit the form below. One of us will be happy to contact you within 24 hours to discus further.
We look forward to hearing from you and further discussing your career in the travel industry as part of
the Destinations with Character Travel Services, LLC. Family.
Have A Magical Day!
Don & Tina Korta, Owners – Destinations with Character Travel Services, LLC.