Hurricane Irma Update for Walt Disney World – September 11, 2017
Walt Disney World Parks and Disney Springs remain closed today. We are beginning an initial
assessment of our property. While we experienced high winds and rain, we maintained power
throughout the storm.
As the hurricane has passed, we are keeping safety top of mind and working closely with public
officials to determine when conditions are clear to make further operational decisions. We will
communicate updates as we have more information to share.
Walt Disney World Theme Parks, Disney Springs, Water Parks, and ESPN Wide World of Sports
Complex have made the following operational changes:
• Disney’s Blizzard Beach: Closed through Monday, September 11
• Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon: Closed through Monday, September 11
• ESPN Wide World of Sports: Closed through Monday, September 11
• Disney’s Animal Kingdom: Closed through Monday, September 11
• Disney’s Hollywood Studios: Closed through Monday, September 11
• Epcot: Closed through Monday, September 11
• Magic Kingdom: Closed through Monday, September 11
• Disney Springs: Closed through Monday, September 11
CLOSURES, CANCELATIONS & MORE
• Cirque du Soleil, La Nouba 9:00 P.M. Show cancelled on Saturday, September 9.
• Disney’s Hilton Head Island Resort will close Saturday, September 9 at 10:00 AM
• Disney’s Vero Beach Resort closed as of Friday, September 8 at 2:00 PM
• Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground and the Treehouse Villas at Disney’s
Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa will be closed beginning Saturday, September 9 at 2:00
SPECIAL EVENT UPDATES
In anticipation of inclement weather associated with Hurricane Irma, please note the following
event cancelations at Walt Disney World Resort.
• Night of Joy at ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex had been canceled on Saturday,
September 9, 2017. The performances on Friday, September 8 took place as planned.
o Requests for a full refund for either event night will be honored.
• Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party had been canceled on Sunday, September 10,
2017. Guests are invited to exchange their Sunday, September 10 event tickets for one
of the following options:
o Tickets to attend another Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party
o Tickets to attend an upcoming Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party
o 1 Day Magic Your Way Tickets with Park Hopper Option, to be used within the
next 2 years
o Receive a full refund for event tickets
To redeem these offers, Guests should call (407) 939-7818 by January 31, 2018 between the
hours of 7:00 AM and 11:00 PM., or email us at Ticket.Inquiries@DisneyWorld.com. Please have
your tickets available so we may process your request for you as quickly as possible. Guests
under 18 years of age must have parent or guardian permission to call.
New dine reservations for September 10 and 11 are not available at this time as we monitor
progress of Hurricane Irma. Effective immediately, we will not be enforcing dine reservation
cancelation policies so no need to cancel dine reservations through Monday, September 11.
Pre-paid dining and premium experiences will be automatically canceled and refunded.
DISNEY RESERVATION CENTER
Due to prolonged forecast of Hurricane Irma, Disney Reservation Center will remain closed
through Monday, September 11.
We truly apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and plan to resume operation as
quickly as possible following the storm.
Please visit Walt Disney World > Frequently Asked Questions > General Questions to view the
Hurricane Policy for Walt Disney World Resort.
-Originally published in:
Getting ready to plan your next trip or just interested in travel news?
Please remember to contact Destinations with Character Travel for ALL of your Disney, Universal, SeaWorld, and Orlando Area Vacations, Adventures by Disney, Cruising, Tour, and exciting vacation packages all over the world. When booking though Destinations with Character Travel, all of our Disney Services, including FastPass+ and Dining reservation services are completely FREE. Also, you will always have a DEDICATED agent, available to you 24/7 from the very first minute of planning, right up until the day you return home, to answer all of your questions and handle any of your vacation needs.
We believe no one should be denied a vacation based on needs or budget, there’s something for everyone.
Along with our Family of Agents, we offer premiere travel services for clients interested in Disney, Cruises, All-Inclusive Resorts including Sandals Resorts, Beaches Resorts and RIU Resorts, Universal, Orlando Area, Las Vegas, Branson, Graceland & Memphis Area, National Parks, Tours to over 250 destinations around the world through our partnership with; Adventures by Disney, Globus Tours, Tauck Tours and Kensington Tours. In addition, we have fabulous vacation packages through our partnerships with; Apple Vacations, Funjet Vacations, Pleasant Holidays and United Vacations, and many other travel experiences.
Our goal: "No one should be denied a vacation based on needs or budget".
Latest posts by Don Korta (see all)
- FAMILY FUN ON MARVEL DAY AT SEA CRUISES DEBUTING FROM NEW YORK CITY THIS FALL - September 20, 2017
- More Changes Are Coming to Disney Springs. Here’s What You Need to Know (September 2017) - September 19, 2017
- Walt Disney World’s Lyft Minnie Van Service Continues Its Expansion - September 18, 2017